Pages

Wednesday 6 September 2017

Speech Marks


    1. “What time is it?” asked Aung Naing. ​
    2. “I want chicken for ​dinner​.” said Hosea.
    3. “Can I be on your team?” asked Jonathan. ​
    4. “I would like an ice cream please.”, said Liane.
    5. ​Mojtaba said to his friend, “I know all of the colours of the rainbow. They are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.”  
    6. “Would you like to read a book?” asked Mrs Sloan.
    7. “Where is my chromebook?” asked Pua.
    8. “It is time to go to assembly.” said Mr Wong. ​
    9. “What is 15 + 12?” asked Mr Ogilvie.

In writing I learnt that speech makes are used when some one is speaking. I also learnt that if someone asked then there would be a question mark at the end of what someone said like for example, Billy asked mum, "Can I go to the park?" When Billy asked his mum a question there was speech marks and a comma where the question was asked. I also learnt that every time you use speech marks you must use a comma when you start what the persons saying and what the person is saying must start with a capital letter and end with full stops, question mark, or exclamation mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment