Pages

Monday 16 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey

        L.I to learn what things we can take on boats. For the first activity we had to research about perishable and non perishable food. Researching the meaning of this helps us with finding food that we can last and take on a boat rip. We had to imagine that we were one of the people that sailed the sea with Nanoa. Nainoa Thompson has used the ancient Polynesian way finding skills to navigate around the world. In 2013, Nainoa led a crew across the Pacific Ocean on two large canoes. In 2015 Nainoa and his crew had arrived at Aotearoa (New Zealand). They journeyed and visited the Manaiakalani Schools in Auckland.

3 comments:

  1. Tālofa Andrew

    My name is Mani and I am going to be joining you on the Summer Learning Journey as a blog commenter. I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before?

    This year I am so excited that I get to read over the Manaiakalani blogs, especially because I have been to your school and met some of the students there too! I am really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time with my family and hanging out with my friends.
    I also love to exercise and write songs in my spare time. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    I am super impressed with your list of food items and how you explain why you have chosen them. I found the military MRE item fascinating because of how long it can last, I wonder if it tastes yummy?! By adding some bright colours or a few pictures of the food items to your blog post I think it would really catch people’s attention.

    I look forward to reading more of your blogs Andrew! Keep up the good work :)

    Malo,
    Mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Andrew,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post and observing your work that you have completed. I like how you talked about the voyager Nainoa Thompson.Did you find anything hard about this activity?

    Great blogging and Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malo e lelei Andrew! This is a great list, and I can this took a lot of research. It's great that you know the effective reasons of why you would take it, instead of something that taste good and wouldn't last you very long on a voyage. What was your favorite item? Nice work!

    ReplyDelete